VistaSwitcher replaces the default Windows Alt-Tab dialog with a nice box that shows a list of all running tasks, with their names and preview snapshots, and enables the user to take actions on them using the mouse and keyboard shortcuts.
Task Preview: Visualization is the key point. VistaSwitcher gives you an exact preview of the application you want to switch to, even if it has multiple child windows.
Clear Large Labels: Multiple window titles are arranged on a vertical task list; text labels are easy to read, with a large application icon placed by each one of them.
Quick & Easy Navigation: Conveniently, you dont have to press Alt+Tab repeatedly to finally select the required application. Navigation is much easier (and more intuitive, too); simply hover your mouse over the desired task or select it with the arrow keys on your keyboard. With VistaSwitcher, finding the right window is a breeze!
Switch Using Only the Mouse: You can easily configure VistaSwitcher to move between applications, using only the mouse. No keyboard shortcuts required! Just hold your right mouse button down and scroll the wheel up or down to select the window you want.
Manage Windows: With VistaSwitcher, you also have full control over any opened window, all within two clicks away. So, go ahead - minimize, maximize, restore, cascade, tile vertically or horizontally, close or even end the process! Moreover, you can select multiple windows and apply the same action to all of them simultaneously.
Instance Switcher: VistaSwitcher adds even more comfort to your everyday PC work by offering a feature that Mac users have already been enjoying for a long time. Now you can cycle through your open documents as easily as you do with your open applications, using Alt+` (Backtick) - just like on Mac OS.
What's more, VistaSwitcher supports multiple monitors and virtual desktops, too. Try this super-fast, eye-catching utility and never come back to the old awkward Alt-Tab dialog!
» version 1.1.5 - posted on 2012-05-12
» version 1.1.3 - posted on 2010-05-11
EULA - End User License Agreement
VISTASWITCHER END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity), the end-user, and Alexander Avdonin, the author of VistaSwitcher ("Author"). This EULA permits you to use a single copy, or multiples copies of the software product identified above, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and on-line or electronic documentation ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT").
By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bounded by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is provided as "freeware" without charge. You are granted a non-exclusive license to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for any purposes for an unlimited period of time. The Author reserves the right to reclassify this software as a non-freeware product at a later date (i.e. shareware, licensed royalty software, or public domain). Doing so will not modify the license agreement of previously distributed executables.
2. DISTRIBUTION. You may make copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT as you wish; give exact copies of the original SOFTWARE PRODUCT to anyone; and distribute the SOFTWARE PRODUCT in its unmodified form via electronic means. You may not charge money or fees for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except to cover distribution costs. You must distribute a copy of this EULA with any copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and anyone to whom you distribute the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is subject to this EULA.
3. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
No Rental. You may not rent, lease, or lend the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, the Author may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
No Warranties. The Author expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and any related documentation is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT remains with you.
No Liability for Damages. In no event shall the Author be liable for any special, consequential, incidental or indirect damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this product, even if the Author is aware of the possibility of such damages and known defects.
5. COPYRIGHT. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets" incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are owned by the Author.
All versions of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT are protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The sole property belongs to Alexander Avdonin. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may not be duplicated, sold, distributed or utilized in any manner not described herein without the prior written consent of the Author.